Call for Art!
THE BECK EFFECT: WORK INSPIRED BY CHARLES BECK
The Kaddatz Galleries will be hosting an exhibit in honor of the late Charles Beck, November 22, 2017 to January 5, 2018. Charles Beck is one of the most recognized Minnesota artists. He was influenced by the landscape of Otter Tail County and the Scandinavian culture and values in which he grew up. He shared with us his unique yet identifiable interpretation of the landscape and nature of this region.
Former students and other regional artists are invited to submit work that has been influenced or inspired by the artwork or character of Charles Beck.
SUBMISSION RULES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Artists can submit up to three works online or in person.
- Deadline for submissions is Saturday, November 11.
- This is an open call exhibition. All works submitted before the deadline and adhering to the exhibit topic will be included in the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the transportation of work to and from the gallery, including any shipping costs.
- All work must be delivered to the gallery by Saturday, November 18.
- All artists must complete an exhibition contract.
- Works must be finished and ready to display: 2D works are not required to be framed, but they need to hang on the wall. 3D works will not be accepted for this show. The Gallery will not provide hanging or support materials for works. The curator reserves the right to refuse any work that cannot be properly displayed.
- All works must be picked up by Saturday, January 6. Any works left at the Gallery after that date will become property of the Kaddatz Galleries.
- There will be a reception on Saturday, December 2, 2-4pm for participating artists.