sideDISH with Su Legatt
- August 23rd - September 29th
- Thursday, September 13th, 5 - 8 pm
The DISH project brings people together for intimate exchange and preserves private moments, collectively building the foundation of the Minnesotan identity, all while building new communities and strengthening existing networks.
sideDISH participants* are asked to bring an ancestral or family dish to the event. The dishes brought will provide insight into the culinary traditions of Ottertail County. The dishes will be archived through photography and the collection of recipe cards. The photographs, taken at the beginning of each meal, serve as a form of portraiture, connecting the dish back to its creator, forming a collection to honor the individual efforts gathered for a community experience. The recipe cards will be paired with each photograph to create a regional cookbook. This will be shared publicly online.
*We are also asking that you participate in sideDISH by submitting your family photos of loved ones preparing food! Send your digital files to firstname.lastname@example.org
Order of events:
- 5pm-5:45pm bring a family favorite DISH to Studio K to be photographed by Su Legatt*.
- 6pm-7pm listen to Naomi Schliesman give an artist talk on the history and state of the arts in rural Minnesota (as part of the Fergus Falls Arts & History Weekend).
- 7pm-8pm share the DISH you brought and the stories behind them with each other.
SHARE YOUR CULTURE • SHARE YOUR HISTORY • MAKE A MEMORY
THIS PROJECT IS PART OF AN ONGOING SERIES CALLED ‘DISH’.
MORE INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND AT: WWW.SULEGATT.COM.