Impact: An Exploration of Mental Illness: July 6–August 1
The Kaddatz is teaming up with Lake Region Arts Council and Springboard for the Arts to bring the traveling exhibit “Mindful: Exploring Mental Health Through Art” to Fergus Falls.
Leading up to this event the Kaddatz Gallery will be hosting an open call exhibit along this same theme. Mental illness accounts for a larger proportion of disability in developed counties than any other group of illnesses and continues to remain behind a wall of secrecy, leading to stigma, misunderstanding, and neglect.
Regional artists are invited to submit work that explores the impact of mental illness either personally or within their community.
Submission Rules and Requirements:
- Artists can submit online (further down this page) or in person
- Open to all ages and abilities
- Deadline for submissions is Saturday, June 17th.
- This is an open call exhibition, all works submitted before the deadline will be included in the exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for the transportation of work to and from the gallery including any shipping costs
- All work must be delivered to the gallery by Saturday, July 1st.
- All artists must complete an exhibition contract
- Works must be finished and ready to display: 2D works are not required to be framed, but they need to hang on the wall. 3D works need to be able to stand alone. The Gallery will not provide hanging or support materials for works. The curator reserves the right to refuse any work that cannot be properly displayed.
- All works must be picked up by Wednesday, August 2nd. Any works left at the Gallery after that date will become property of the Kaddatz Gallery.
- There will be a reception for participating artists on Saturday, July 15th, 2-4pm.