Employment Status: full-time exempt
Report to: Board of Directors
Supervise: All Gallery Staff
Position open until filled
E-mail letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
The Executive Director communicates the vision and mission of the Kaddatz Galleries to the regional arts community; directs, coordinates and monitors fundraising programs applicable to the financial needs of the gallery; and supervises the gallery staff to meet annual goals for growth and community engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates and implements the mission and purpose for the Kaddatz Galleries and consistently works with the board of directors, staff and local arts community to accomplish organizational goals.
- Directs fundraising activities to accomplish budgetary goals. Fundraising activities may include grant-writing, major gift solicitation, direct mail solicitation, membership acquisition and strengthening relationships with funders and donors.
- Directs the marketing efforts to meet goals and increase awareness of education programs, exhibits and art sales.
- Manages organizational finances.
- Works with staff to design and develop educational programs and exhibits. Develops a good working relationship with art professionals when preparing for shows, and focuses on the highest quality display and experience for visitors. Supervises the hanging of a show and consistently monitors the visual appearance of a show.
The ideal candidate will bring insight, energy and a passion for the arts while communicating and advancing the Kaddatz’s vision, value and programming to the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Annual and major gift fundraising experience, grant writing, or willingness to learn the basics of fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in art-related field and/or relevant non-profit management experience.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Competency and comfort with standard computer applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit business operations.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position with starting annual salary range of $34,000-$38,000 depending on experience with 80 hours of paid time off annually.
The Kaddatz Galleries is an equal opportunity employer.
Paid Summer Education InternJune – August, 12 weeks, 8-10 hours a week (2 days)
Stipend based upon time commitment
Must be available evenings and some Saturdays
The Summer Education Intern will assist the Education Coordinator in planning and implementing programming over the summer.
- Coordinate with teaching artists, make sure space and supplies are ready for workshops and events, assisting artists with workshop preparation and special requests
- Assist teaching artists during workshops
- Assist with workshop enrollment and publicity
- Classroom and materials maintenance, keep classroom clean and in order, checking inventory of supplies
- Assist in other duties at the Gallery as assigned
- High School diploma, some college
- Must make own arrangements with educational partner for college credit
- Some experience in studio arts and/or arts education
- Good organization and communication skills
- Interest in local arts community
Interested applicants can email a resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled. No telephone or in person inquiries, please.
The Kaddatz Gallery is looking for qualified teaching artists for our youth and adult programming. Teaching artists are contracted positions, paid on an hourly basis. Experience working with youth preferred for our kids programming. We also welcome proposals for classes.
Interested applicants can email a resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com